Post Top Ad

Friday, July 7, 2017

Maybelline Voxbox from Influenster: Brow Drama Shaping Chalk Powder & Brow Precise Micro Pencil

*I received these products complimentary for testing purposes but all opinions expressed are my own.*

I received this Maybelline VoxBox from Influenster. I talked about Influenster in this previous post here. This VoxBox contained Maybelline's new Brow Drama Shaping Chalk Powder and a Brow Precise Micro- Pencil to create bold and beautiful brows. I was excited to receive these products because I've been into doing my brows lately. Brows have become a major thing in the beauty and makeup world.

Here's a little bit of information about my brows so you can understand how it will reflect in my review of these two products. I have thin, sparse, barely there eyebrows. I've never plucked them, they've just been like this my whole life.

Now let's get to the review!

Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Pencil

$7.99 MSRP

Achieve micro precision with each stroke for soft and natural- looking brows.

Maybelline's Brow Precise Micro Pencil is a product that I have seen in the store and read some reviews about, so I was excited to try this out. I received the shade deep brown. I love the design of this with a spoolie on one end and the product on the other. Makes it a very convenient product. This pencil has a very fine tip- 1.55MM to be exact! This makes it easy to define your brows. It doesn't apply harshly, but you can definitely build it up. It's easy to make short hair-like strokes so that I can fill in the sparse areas of my eyebrows. I find it easy to use for someone like myself that is not always the best at doing my brows. 

Maybelline Brow Drama Shaping Chalk Powder

$9.99 MSRP

Loose powder formula smoothly and evenly fills in eyebrows while the soft touch applicator softly shapes eyebrows.
The Maybelline Brow Drama Shaping Chalk Powder is a new product to Maybelline's brow product lineup and their first brow powder. I also received the shade deep brown in this product. This is a loose powder formula and using the flat side of the paddle brush you're supposed to sweep the formula onto your brows. Twisting the applicator to the side, you're to use it to define the tail of your brows. 

So, how did this perform. Well, it can be a little messy so be sure to sweep some of the product off on the side of the tube. Application of the brow powder is very easy. I first applied this on top of the Micro Pencil and I think it made my brows look ashy.  The color to me appears to be more of a chocolate instead of deep brown and the shade is different from the pencil so keep that in mind. The second time I tried this product, I applied the brow powder first then used the pencil to shape and define my brows. I liked this technique so much better! Like I said in the beginning, I have sparse brows so, I think this affects how it looks and applies on my brows. For someone with more brow hairs the results and color can be vastly different. 

Below, I have swatched the two products so you can have some idea of the color. On the left is the pencil and on the right is the chalk powder.

Here's my before and after picture so you can see how the products performed on me. Overall, I think these products are perfect for creating bold brows that look soft and natural. 

Have you tried these Maybelline brow products? What are your thoughts? Be sure to let me know in the comment section below!


July 07, 2017 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad