Post Top Ad

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Gilded Butterflies

I've always been drawn toward statement tees and tanks and I feel like they are really having a moment now. I've had this tank top for awhile and I thought it was the perfect time to wear it. It reads, "We will all laugh at gilded butterflies- Shakespeare" I've actually never read King Lear but I know that's where the term gilded butterflies comes from. Funny thing is that this is not a direct quote from Shakespeare but a tattoo that the actress Megan Fox has!  I interpret this quote to mean that we will laugh at those who put up false appearances and hide who they are. Gilding, is to plate in gold so,  butterflies are already pretty and by gilding them in gold you believe they are made more beautiful but, really you are destroying their natural beauty. I think this quote can definitely be applied in today's social media and blogging age.

Enough of the English lesson, and back to the outfit! I wore the tank with my favorite fringe jeans and silver glitter Sperry's. Sperry's take me back to high school when everyone wore them. I always love how this pair is so different with the glitter. I accessorized with a silver layered choker necklace and a pop of color in the form of my Coach wristlet clutch. This was a simple casual look perfect for the weekend.






What are some of your favorite slogans and quotes right now? Be sure to let me in the comment section below!


July 25, 2017 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad