Post Top Ad

Monday, April 17, 2017

Mini Beauty Haul: ABH, Lancome, and Too Faced

I'm no beauty blogger, but I still love to talk beauty products that I love. I wanted to tell you about these products that I recently got at Ulta. I had a $10 off coupon from Ulta so I got the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade for $8. I got the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and the Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base as free samples. These products are not new in the beauty world,  but they're new to me. So, let's get to my review and opinion of these products!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate ($18)

 


I'm still new to using brow pomades. I used to use just a random brown pencil for my brows, but after seeing so many new products  for your brows I wanted to try something different. The first pomade I tried was the Milani Stay Put Brow Color. I like this product, but I had a $10 off coupon so I thought why not try a new brow product. In steps the cult favorite ABH Dipbrow Pomade! Guys, I understand the hype around this product. 

I initially wanted the shade Dark Brown when I was looking at it in store but they were out of it. I asked one of the workers if they had any more in stock in the back and she said no, they always run out of the darker shades quickly. So, I swatched chocolate and I thought it could work for me as well. 

These pomades are so creamy. I like that, but trust me it's so easy to end up with crazy brows because you used to much product. Repeat after me, "A little goes a long way!!" But, seriously, the first time I used this I looked so crazy because I used too much. I should also mention that I have very sparse eyebrows so I have to be really careful with my technique. Use short strokes with an angled brush and work carefully because once it's on it doesn't budge. 

Overall, I'm really starting to love this product and I'm still playing around with it. I will say there is a little bit of a learning curve, but the product is so worth it. I would definitely buy this again, but honestly I think this little jar is going to last a long time. 

Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base (Travel Size $13/ Full Size $25.50)

 

It's funny that I was looking at this product last year in Sephora in a gift set, but I ended up getting something else! Sephora will do that to you. I had read tons of reviews on it and it seemed like a great product. It's a mascara base, or primer, that you put on before your mascara to lengthen and thicken your eyelashes. Tell me, what girl doesn't want longer lashes!

I used this product in conjunction with the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. First, the product is white and comes out white on your eyelashes. You apply it normally like any mascara. It went on smoothly and I noticed how my lashes already looked longer and thicker. I put mascara on immediately after applying the Lancome product and I was amazed at how great my lashes looked. 

I loved the results, but I will say I have pretty great eyelashes already that can get this result with just mascara. I would get this if it was in a gift set again like I saw last year or if I had a coupon or discount. 

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (Deluxe Size $12/ Full Size $23)

 

I've always heard of this mascara and seen it everywhere. Come on, with a name like that how can you miss it! But, I've always been a drugstore mascara girl. I have my favorites that I'm loyal to, but one of my favorite things is to try new mascara. That's why I was glad to receive this as a sample. 

I want to mention the tube first. It's unlike any mascara I've used. Its like a metal tube that's got some weight to it. It makes it feel more luxe and I guess that's why they get to charge $23 a tube! 

The wand is an hourglass shape. The packaging mentions that the hourglass- shaped brush was designed to mimic the bust-waist-hip ratio of a Bombshell. I like the design of the brush. I feel that I did get more volume and it could coat my lashes evenly. 

Overall, I like this mascara and I wouldn't be opposed to getting it in a gift set or with some kind of discount. I still love my drugstore mascaras.




So, that's it for my review! Did you enjoy this mini haul review and would you like to see more on here? Have you tried these products? Be sure to let me know in the comment section below!

April 17, 2017 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad