Post Top Ad

Thursday, April 20, 2017

How To Make Sequins Wearable

Sequin clothing is almost always relegated in people's closet as pieces they only pull out for special occasions or holidays. I myself have been guilty of waiting till Christmas or a birthday event to wear a special sequin piece that I own. What I've learned about myself, however, is that I love sequins too much to let them sit in my closet waiting to be worn. If sequins make me feel special for big events, then I should be allowed to feel special on an average day!

I find that one of the easiest ways to make sequins more wearable is to pair whatever sequin item you own with casual pieces from your closet. In this particular outfit, I have on a sequin tank and to make it more daytime casual I layered a white tee underneath it and paired it with some ripped jeans. It's as simple as that! If you have a sequin skirt or pants in your closet you can pair it with a t-shirt and sneakers. If you have a sequin jacket, you can pair it with a casual tee or hoodie and some jeans or jogger pants. There are endless combinations that you can come up with to get more wear out of your sequin clothing.

This sequin tank I'm wearing is from the Who What Wear collection in Target. It's from a past collection so it's no longer in store, but they have some pieces in their current collection that I've got my eyes on. I love this tank because it's has a brush sequin design that you can brush up and down with your hand for a different look. The jeans are a personal design of mine in my DIY efforts! I have this urge lately to cut up my old jeans because there are so many great denim trends out now.

Because I love sequins paired with denim so much, I've linked some sequin tops with denim jeans at the bottom of this post that I wouldn't mind having in my closet!








How great are these pairs? I think sequins and denim are a match-made in wearable heaven!


What's your favorite way to wear sequins? Be sure to let me know in the comment section below!

April 20, 2017 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad